This event is in the past.
Photos: 2009-10 Cooking and Entertaining Class
This event was popular! We were having sign-ups within hours of the email. We're afraid to announce, for those still sitting on the fence, that:
All spaces for the Hands-On Cooking Event and Entertainment Class event have been taken.
You are all in for a real treat. Join Singaporean Chef Laura Fu as she teaches a class on easy entertaining.
By cooking together in a small group, you'll learn basic cooking techniques that will empower you to serve up a delicious dinner party, stress-free. It's a hands-on class, so be prepared to bring a Chef's knife and cutting board, and learn something new as you dive right in!
Afterwards, feast on the fruits of your labour family style, discuss recipe flavors, and learn a little about each ingredient.
• Crab Salad with Melon
• Caramelised Garlic Roasted Chicken, with Heirloom Tomato Sauce
• Creamy Parmigiana Polenta
• Salsa Verde Salad with Buffalo Mozzarella
• Peanut Butter & Banana Pie
• Knife Skills - Small Dice, Batons, Mince
• Boning & Butterflying a Whole Chicken
• Sauce Making 101
• Roasting Vegetables without a Grill
• Folding & Whipping Techniques in Dessert Making
Cost: $20 per person (Sorry, non-cooking class participants may not partake in the meal)
Skill Level: Mid-Beginner to Intermediate (That means you should be able to use a knife)
When: Saturday October 31, 2009 - morning/lunch
* Chef reserves the right to change the menu in the event certain ingredients are unavailable.
There are limited spots available so please sign up soon!
Please email email@example.com by Tuesday Oct 27 to reserve a spot and receive further details, or if you have any questions.